KKR Releases 2018 Global Macro OutlookJanuary 11, 2018
Henry McVey Believes Investors Can ‘Get What They Need’ in the Year Ahead
“As we are poised to enter the 104th month of economic
expansion amidst the second longest bull market on record in
Overall, a major underpinning to
Against this backdrop, the report outlines several actionable investment themes that multi-asset class investors should consider weaving into their portfolios in 2018 and beyond, including:
1. Equities Having More Potential Upside Than Credit
2. The Move Towards Mid-Cycle Phase of Emerging Markets Recovery
3. Central Bank Normalization
4. Shifting Preferences in Private Credit
5. Buy Complexity, Sell Simplicity
6. Experiences Over Things
7. Arrival of a Different Kind of ‘Political Bull Market’
In addition to the aforementioned themes, the report details specific macro influences that factor into the GMAA team’s updated asset allocation model for 2018, including GDP targets around the globe as well as outlook for earnings, rates, oil, cycle duration and expected returns.
Links to access this report as well as an archive of
- To read the latest Insights: click here.
- To download a PDF version: click here.
- To download the KKR Insights app for iOS click here, and for Android click here.
- For an archive of previous publications please visit www.KKRinsights.com.
KKR is a leading global investment firm that manages multiple
alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy,
infrastructure, real estate, credit and, through its strategic manager
partnerships, hedge funds. KKR aims to generate attractive investment
returns by following a patient and disciplined investment approach,
employing world-class people, and driving growth and value creation with
KKR portfolio companies. KKR invests its own capital alongside its
partners’ capital and provides financing solutions and investment
opportunities through its capital markets business. References to KKR’s
investments may include the activities of its sponsored funds. For
additional information about
The views expressed in the report and summarized herein are the
personal views of
<< Back to Press Releases
Cara Kleiman Major
Telephone: +1 (212) 750-8300
Telephone: +44 20 7839 9800
Telephone: +852 3602 7335
Telephone: +1 (877) 610-4910
Outside US: +1 (212) 230-9410
Facsimile: +1 (212) 750-0003